Friday, March 25, 2011

Back from the Dead

I submitted a short story to Flashing Swords Magazine about 8 months ago, and then nobody heard from it again. Everyone assumed it was dead after repeated message board postings from numerous people went unanswered. Then, out of nowhere, the editor posted a message today saying that no, in fact, the zine is not dead. She was just taking care of various visa and family matters that were unavoidable, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, she's back and she'll be replying to everyone who submitted "shortly." So that's good! As it happens, thinking FSM was dead, I actually subbed the piece to an anthology over at Pulp Empire, so maybe I'll get accepted somewhere, fingers crossed!

And in other news, I just learned that a reprint I submitted to a different anthology was "short listed" and I'll hear a final decision around the end of April.

So even though none of these represent an actual acceptance, I still consider these to be reasonably good news. So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment