Thursday, December 12, 2013

What's Up!

Hello all, I"ve been away for a while, but as some of you may know, I've been dealing with some rather serious health issues that have taken up a lot of my time and energy. But that doesn't mean I haven't been semi-active in the writing game!

First of all, my ever-lovin' series The Dark InSpectre has been submitted and accepted for publication by my publisher, Pro Se Productions, the home of my debut novel, Badge of Lies. I've taken all the episodes of Dark InSpectre, woven them together, and made a single novel out of it. It will be coming out in 2014 after the usual editing process with my publisher. So Yay for Jack Garrett and friends!

I also submitted a new short story to a magazine for the first time in a while. I should be hearing back in another month or two. It's a dark historical fantasy with the best title I"ve ever come up with: The Vivisectionist's Daughter. Is that cool or what? I really hope it gets picked up.

And I now officially have a couple of Amazon reviews for Badge of Lies, and they're good! I'm so thrilled I can't even tell you. I can tell by the names of the reviewers that they were readers of my Dark InSpectre series who I managed to turn onto Badge of Lies. So the lesson is: e-marketing works! And if someone likes your stuff, they generally like your stuff!

Here's the link to the reviews.

Oh and speaking of Badge of Lies, the guy who runs the audio-narrated episodes of Dark InSpectre on his radio show has put together an ad for Badge of Lies that will go at the end of his pod cast. It's so cool, an ad for my book on the radio! I've heard it and it's awesome, he'll let me know when it airs.

So what's next? The long awaited sequel. As I"ve discussed before, I have to get my ass in gear and start writing again. It's been tough given my health, but I've got an opening scene that needs to get on paper. From there, the sky's the limit. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment