Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ads and Blogs

A couple of interesting opportunities to showcase my recent stories. I touched base with a guy who was supposed to post a spot on his web site for my Dark InSpectre series. I let about 3 weeks go by and dropped him a line. Turns out he had been waiting for me to send him my material to post. Seems like it got ate up by the gods of email. So that's fine, he's going to run it by early next week. It will be interesting to see how much (if any) that increased traffic for my story.

And something that's even more foreign to me, one of the authors from Damnation Books has offered to trade dates blogging on other people's blogs to publicize their work. I jumped at the opportunity and will pick a date in October, after the madness of my workplace's annual meeting is over. Thing is, I don't really know what I'm supposed to do. I mean, I definitely want to plug my work, but aside from that, what am I going to say for an entire day on somebody else's blog? I guess I'll figure it out. Should be interesting, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment