Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Story Time!

After a long drought when I hadn't sold anything, I finally placed a story! My short story Carousel will appear in the Jan. 2013 issue of Bards and Sages Quarterly. I'm extremely psyched because I really like the story (duh), and it's something pretty different from the other stuff I've written. It was inspired when I went with my wife and kids to the old fashioned carousel in Park Slope, Brooklyn (that's where I live). I thought to myself, hmmm, wouldn't it be cool if there were like, living beings inside those wood carvings? Throw in a young girl and her grandmother's magic necklace, and voila! It's also an actual short story, and by that I mean around 4,000 words, which is shorter than most of the stuff that comes out of my head, thank god.

In other news, I'm well into my story for the second Pirates and Swashbucklers anthology. I got a lot done on a business trip to Paris a couple weeks ago. God I love long business flights. I get so much writing done, especially when the on-board movies suck! It's a little less than half done, so hopefully I'll be able to keep chugging along and finish it well before the July 31 deadline. I don't really know, but maybe it'll come out in Winter 2012?

And of course the Dark InSpectre keeps rolling along. I'm now into the sequence of events that will lead right to the conclusion. The end is actually in sight. And then what? Oh, right, got a novel to shop around...

No comments:

Post a Comment