Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dusting off the reprint

I finally did something I've been half considering for a while. I wrote a short story that got picked up in the anthology Strange Stories of Sand and Sea called Ouroboros Sleeps. It came out in 2008. It was a cool little story, I really liked it. I've always wondered about sending it out again to a market that accepts reprints. So along comes this submission call for an anthology titled Dead Bate 2, all about creatures of the sea. Perfect. I queried, gave them a summary of my story, and they said sure, send it on in.

The deadline is in July I seem to recall, so I'll find out then if it's been accepted. Either way, it's no skin off my nose, the thing was already written. All I had to do was hit "send." I did, however, fix a minor point in the story that really nagged me. The main character's name always bothered me, so I finally changed it. That alone was worth the effort. And if it gets accepted, I get a free antho full of short stories to read. A win-win. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment