Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rave Reviews

I was notified that a review of my short story/e-book The Killer Within was posted over at the Pen & Muse, and it was good!

Here it is:

"I very much enjoyed the repartee between Frank and his partner. I found myself a couple of times having a throw-back to Lennie Briscoe on Law & Order. Loved the premise. I'll try not to give it away, but the "paranormal" part of the book is very subtle. It's not at all a vampire/werewolf/magic type of paranormal, which is what I'm used to. But I thought the whole concept of how Kahn wove the paranormal element into an otherwise very normal plot was excellent.

"Some of the writing was a bit clumsy at times and the passive voice ran a little rampant, but honestly, this was a great read, especially for a short book. I have a feeling, based on the end of the story (which I won't give away so you can read it for yourself), that there are yet to be further stories about Frank and his task force. Very interesting story. If you're a fan of "The Wire" or "Law & Order", you'll probably enjoy this book."

Click here to read it on the site.

And then I just happened to cruise by the Amazon page where The Killer Within is located, and I saw a review I didn't even know about. This one has a great blurb:

"Crime families are using ordinary citizens to kill off opposing crime families. They drug them by slipping something in their drink or from a pin prick, leaving the person open to suggestions. They are told who to kill and then to kill themselves. The newspapers are calling these crimes 'Sleeper Murders'. A task force has been formed to catch the crime lords.

"There are twists and turns in this short story that will keep you eagerly turning pages. This is an excellent, thrilling, suspenseful story that will leave the reader wanting more."

Here's a link to this one, too.

So yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment