Thursday, August 4, 2011

Almost Story Time!

It's so odd how several things always hit at once. I've been sitting around waiting to hear about when a couple of my stories were going to run. It seemed to be taking a while. Then within days I hear about both of them.

First I get edits back from Something Wicked Magazine, and word that my story Forge of the Soul will run in the September issue, which is totally cool. The edits were very minor, with a question or two that I answered no problem. It's funny seeing different editors' thought processes. They always come up with different things that never even would have occurred to me. I will also be getting some questions for an author interview that will run with the piece. I am so psyched. Something Wicked is a way cool market and will be some awesome exposure .

Next, I got word from the editor at Pulp Empire that he should be launching his Pirates & Swashbucklers anthology, which contains my story Voyage of the Hangman, September 19. How cool is that? And a little bizarre, too, right? I mean I am not prolific by any means when it comes to short stories, and two hitting in the same month? Anyway, I should be getting a proof of my story in another 3 weeks or so to look over.

In the meantime I will rub my hands together in gleeful anticipation. Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment