Friday, April 19, 2013

The Last InSpectre

This morning I put the finishing touches on the final episode of the Dark InSpectre. It's episode 76, which means there are 5 to go for those of you who are following online (I know you're out there!).

It's been an unbelievable ride for a story that started out as a freakishly noir dream I had five years ago. It grew into something I consider to be a wicked cool story, and I hope my readers (however few of them there are) will agree.

I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen next. I know that the guy who's running the audio episodes I've narrated will continue to do so over his radio station, and I've got many, many episodes still to record. And I've pitched the whole series to the publisher who's putting out my hardboiled detective novel, so we'll see what happens there.

There's been a lot of ups and downs with the series, from building up a decent readership to having my web site unceremoniously deleted and my readership destroyed to slowly building it back up on a new web site. But the important thing is I never stopped, I knew all along that the story in my head had to be told, and I kept on writing it. And now it's done, the way I wanted to tell it. So whatever happens next, I did the vision in my head justice and kept the flame burning for Jack Garrett and company the whole way through. I hope I've done them proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment