Monday, July 1, 2013

The Final DIS


The final episode of the Dark InSpectre is now online, in which our story comes to a close, and our hero learns new secrets and finds comfort in old friends.

Here’s an excerpt:

Franken looked at me and though his face gave nothing away, it was like the nervous anxiety coming from his brain could’ve fueled my Intera 6 for a month. “Jack,” he said. “I just want to know, do I need to worry about you?”

That caught me off guard. What the hell was he talking about? And why was he scared to death right now? A sudden memory came to me, a deep voice in my head during the fire, like someone’s mind was reaching out to me. Everything clicked, all the little clues that I had failed to recognize.

I looked him in the eyes, choosing my words carefully, letting him know his secret was safe. “No, sir. Even if I knew what you were talking about, which I don’t, you would never have to worry about me.”

He smiled, patting me gently on the shoulder as he rose. “Thank you,” his voice hitched for a moment, “I knew I could count on you.”

Check the episode here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment