Monday, August 9, 2010

The return of GN/BN

Yes, it's time once again for Good News/Bad News.

Good News: My editor/publisher really liked the first three chapters and plot overview I handed in of the crime novel I started, so she green lighted me and I'm off and running with it!

Bad News: I just got another soul crushing rejection of a short story I submitted back in May to a market that usually gives good feedback, but this time gave none.

Good News: Audio episode 3 of Unfinished Business just ran on the Beam Me up podcast, which is always cool exposure for me.

Bad news: my home computer went kablooey and I spent all weekend fixing it, so got absolutely no writing done whatsoever, and it's still not completely fixed

Good News: My reasonably sucessful (by my low standards) series the Dark InSpectre is going well and I'm just entering a completely wild set of episodes that will send events spinning off in a very cool direction.

Bad news: my health has been absolutely crap and I've felt completely awful; getting hit with migraines several times a week, also nasty drug side effects. Not fun at all.

So what's the tally? Bad news 3, Good news 3. It's all tied up. I could go either way. C'mon, gimme some good news...!

2 comments:

  1. Good News: We didn't have a tornado today, which apparently, for Montana, is abnormal. :-)

    Good News: Harlequin wants to see my full manuscript. (Bad News: It's in pretty bad shape and needs a lot of editing, but....) More Good News: I have all week to work on it!

    I'm sorry to hear about your health. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news about your manuscript Rebecca. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete