Monday, January 30, 2012

New Stuff

I haven't been terribly preoccupied with the Dark InSpectre site that's been in stasis cuz I've been working on a new short story. In between horrific migraine headaches this weekend, I finished it. I'm pretty psyched about it, it's been in my head for several years and I finally had time to write it. What's cool about it is that it's actually under 5,000 words, a rarity for me. So it's all printed out and ready for my wife to read, but after that, then what? My SOP used to be to post stuff over at the Baen's slush pile. My stories have always benefited from the feedback there, and I'm inclined to use it again. I checked it out yesterday and even though the Baen's Universe magazine has closed, the slush pile is still going strong. Funny, even after several years of getting stories published here and there and a semi-successful web series, I still got nervous at the prospect of posting a new story for critique. I guess that never goes away.

Anyway, the story is called Carousel, and it's about, you guessed it, a carousel. Hopefully it'll see the light of day later this year. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment