Monday, January 21, 2013

DIS Episode 65!

Having a good MLK Day? So's the Dark InSpectre. Episode 65 is now online, in which our hero asks a colleague some polite questions. Then he stops being polite.

Here’s an excerpt:
The yellow bolt of psychic energy shot straight at me but I swatted it aside with my shields, then formed a spike of my own brain power and drove it into Darson’s head, twisting. He screamed, muscles spasming, and I let it dissipate just before he passed out.

He sat there panting, his eyes wild. His shields were in tatters, his psyche stinking of desperation and panic.

I took another slug of bourbon, calming myself before addressing the mess that had previously been one of my best detectives. “So, why were you following me?”

Check the episode here.

For more short story goodness, check out my most recent piece in Bards and Sages Quarterly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment