Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Novel Stuff!

All of a sudden, stuff is happening! The big news is, I've now got an editor!

After I got back from my family trip to Israel, I contacted the publisher of my debut novel and asked what was happening. His reply was somewhat confusing, that their calendar was full for the next 3-4 months, but that I'd be "hearing" things sooner than that. Naturally, I sat back and prepared to wait.

Then yesterday, he emailed me introducing me to my new editor, who will be helping me with revisions to the manuscript. And then I emailed with her, and she said she's going through it and I should expect her first round of edits tomorrow night. I know, pretty wild, right?

So I'm totally psyched to get moving on this, and at the same time have no idea what to expect. Will she shred it to bits? Will there be major plot problems to fix? Do I care? Honestly, not a whole lot if it will all make the book a better story.

In the meantime, don't I need a contract or something? Hmmm, have to ask about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment